Welcome to the website of Holy Resurrection Orthodox Church located in Fargo, North Dakota. For a listing of our current activities and services, please refer the Church Calendar page.
We have moved! Join us at our new building in North Fargo (1603 5th Street N, Fargo, ND 58102).
- YouTube Streamed Services (Great Vespers, Divine Liturgy & additional service):
- Go to the Holy Resurrection YouTube page and the Live Stream will appear.
- We encourage you to subscribe to our page!
- Virtual Coffee Hour after Divine Liturgy:
- Join us after service on Sunday’s to connect via Zoom! Please see the weekly updates for the link.
COVID-19 Update as of June 11, 2020:
Our Bishop has provided direction for a phased approach to reopening parishes for greater attendance at services. The initial step allows for attendance of up to 10 at any given service. We have been working on a plan to provide for proper church cleaning and the protection of the health of any parishioner that attends a service.
In addition to having a defined plan for the logistical aspects (e.g. having hand sanitizing stations, sufficient cleaning products and procedures, service sign-up procedures, etc.), we must also monitor COVID-19 infection rates in Cass County. A multi-week trend of declining cases is one of the factors that will need to be met in order to allow more than 10 to attend a church service.
As of Thursday, June 11, 2020, we have received approval from our Bishop to increase our number allowed to attend service to 30 individuals.
For the foreseeable future, there will be some very obvious, and potentially challenging, differences in church:
- Family groups must maintain at least 6 feet separation from other families, the choir etc.
- Face masks will be required of all attendees (with certain exceptions for singers and the Priest).
- The church is being cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Veneration of icons and anything else in the church should not include physical contact (i.e. kissing) of the object being venerated.
- No coffee hour.
Individuals that we ask refrain from attending are:
- Anyone, or anyone who has a family member, who presently has COVID-19 and has not recovered, or presents symptoms of it.
- Anyone, or anyone who has a family member, who cares for someone who has been diagnosed with, or presents symptoms of, COVID-19.
- Anyone, or anyone who has a family member, who has has been sick with a cold or the flu, or exhibited cold-like or flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Members of ‘at risk’ populations – as defined by civil government – in particular the elderly and those with pre-existing and underlying conditions, or those who live with or care for these.
This is being requested of you not out of a desire to restrict your attendance, nor to exclude anyone. This, the Christian duty to love, is being requested of you in order to protect the health and well-being of your neighbors and fellow parishioners.
Our Holy Resurrection Re-Opening Plan consists of the following:
- We will have a sign-up to attend a service. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can allow those on the waiting list the chance to attend.
- When you arrive at the church, you will enter at the main doors on the west side of the building and the usher will let you in.
- At the entrance of the church there will be sanitization stations with wipes and extra masks.
- Social distancing will be observed by having squares taped on the floor for family groups to remain in throughout service.
- No service books will be used.
- The usher will let each family group know when to take communion.
- If your children need to leave the service to run off extra energy or a place to relax, we ask that you take them outside through the back door. When you are ready to come back in, please knock on the entrance and the usher will let you back in.
- Restrooms are available in the basement and we ask each individual use proper handwashing.
- The usher will escort family groups to the front of the church for dismissal and you will exit the back door. It is very important that following dismissal individuals leave and not create an informal coffee hour/chat with others while on church property.
The sign up is located here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0544ada62fabff2-holy
We are looking forward to re-opening and seeing you all. We also realize this time of limited attendance and rules we’re not used to will be challenging to all of us.
If you have questions, please let Fr. William or Jen Kacere, Parish Council President know.
The Re-Opening Task Force and Parish Council